Friday, August 31, 2012

one

Dear Henry,

You're one! A whole year. Technically a year and a few weeks since your mama is a bit behind on her blog posting.

We celebrated a whole year of you with a super fun farm party at Grandma and Grandpa's house with a room of our favorite people.



You have learned sign language this month which has changed everything. You're able to communicate when you want "more" and when you're "all done." You say "uh-ooooooooh" when you drop something on the floor, and you race around the house giggling as the pets chase you. You stand frequently and take one step but plop down on your butt.


At your one-year appointment, you weighed in at 18.5 pounds - still in the 3rd percentile for height and weight. You're wearing 6-9 month clothing but gradually adding a few 12 month outfits to your wardrobe.

Your favorite toys are cars and trucks as well as a mini grand piano. You're a dancing machine and bounce your legs at the first sound of a beat. You laugh with your whole body when we poke your belly or tickle your neck.

We've switched to 2% milk, and you pretty much love all food with your favorites being watermelon, chicken enchiladas, Life cereal and bananas.

I can't believe it's been a year since you made me a mother. We've had some really hard times, some super fun ones and everything in between. There is not a second that goes by that I am not overwhelmingly blessed to call you my son.

Love you much.

Mama

4 comments:

  1. Henry,

    Just wanted to tell you that complete strangers like me enjoy watching you grow up through your Mama's blog. I have a son, Connor, who turns one in a few days, and it's been fun to see what milestones he's going to hit a few weeks before he hits them.

    Happy belated birthday from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe it! One, already?!? Love those cupcakes! Very very cute! Unfortunately, Christian has a very mild egg white allergy and got red all over his face wherever the cupcake icing landed. Fortunately though, he wasn't really into it and not much got on his face. And out of complete curiosity, why did you guys decide to switch to 2% milk? We just started giving C milk, and he likes it ok, but were told to stick with whole milk until 2 years old. Another good girlfriend of mine switched hers to 1% milk too (her boy is 15 months)... but I never thought to ask why. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! Happy (late) birthday, Henry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, We are starting out with 2% milk because my family has genetically high cholesterol (I had it when I was 5) and Shea's family has heart problems. They said we could do this unless he doesn't gain weight appropriately at his 15 month appointment then switch to whole.

    I loved your party pictures. I want to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That TOTALLY makes sense! Good call!

      And, thanks! :) You just let me know when you and your family are ready for a Hawaiian vacation!! How fun would that be?! And I mean it!

      Delete

ShareThis