Tuesday, August 2, 2011

38 weeks


Most appropriate picture for this week of pregnancy.

Baby boy,

Pregnancy has been great and all, and I love carrying you inside my belly. But let's move on to something new, eh? Our last appointment we did another internal exam and found out things are the same as they were the week before. It means absolutely nothing so we've decided that at our appointment tomorrow we'll just let things like effacement, engagement, dilation and stations be a surprise from now on. Otherwise the progress, or lack thereof, just makes me cranky. The record-breaking heat hasn't really been helping either.

My favorite pregnancy calendar says this about your mother in week 38: "Backaches, joint aches, heartburn, indigestion, constipation, Braxton-Hicks contractions, painful kicks, bladder pressure, stretch marks, itchy skin, swollen ankles, fatigue, dry mouth, mood swings, did I miss anything else in this cavalcade of late-pregnancy hilarity?" 

It's all true minus the heartburn (thank you for dropping early) and stretch marks (KNOCK ON WOOD). I'm also nesting, which really forces me to question why I operate on such low productivity levels in normal life. I can freeze meals, do laundry, make dinner, put together your dresser, wash dishes, make cookies and scrub the floor all in three hours. Rock star.

Your nursery is done.Your diapers are washed. Your clothes are in place. The sheets are in the cradle and the crib. Your baby monitor has batteries. We even got your new car seat installed and will have it safety checked tonight. Everything is ready.

See you soon.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Almost there!! I was 3cm at 36 weeks...today at 37 I'm still 3cm, which I am actually really happy about. My husband travels for work (pilot) and doesn't have "off" until the 20th, so we REALLY want to keep him in there until at least then! Can't believe we're so close!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis