Tuesday, February 15, 2011

16 weeks

Good morning little baby,

You probably can't hear for another two weeks or more but if you could, there would have been a lot of yelling last night. Happy yelling! It was your first big basketball game - a K-State win over KU! This means nothing to you now, but you'll realize soon enough that this family loves our sports. We already have plans for your big debut in September at your first K-State football game and no doubt first Twins game next spring.

You're about the size of a large avocado or 4.5 inches long. Your legs are now longer than your arms, making you look more like a human. You've got toenails, and you're holding your head erect. You're pumping a healthy 25 quarts of blood per day. Mama doesn't really know why that's significant except you've got a circulatory system - kudos!

Your mama is feeling fat. Still no bump but my pants are not only feeling tight in the evening but this morning was NOT fun buttoning the dress pants. To my dismay this weekend, I discovered that I have developed love handles. I know it's all for you, but feeling fat and greasy... well, let's just say I'm looking forward to that "glowing" stage.

My cravings and aversions have really died down. Most of my symptoms have. I get up to pee like clockwork at 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. And I have super crazy dreams - sometimes about you. Other times I think I feel you, just a slight flutter. But I'm guessing it's just the tacos I ate last night. Soon though!

Looks like you're about to double in weight and length in the next four weeks as you undergo a tremendous growth spurt. It'll be a wild month!

Love you little (soon to be bigger) one,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis