Tuesday, May 24, 2011

28 weeks

Baby boy,

You're the size of an eggplant this week or about 16 inches and over two pounds. You're brain is continuing to develop rapidly (that's my boy!), and you're putting on fat. So much that you've doubled in weight in the last month. Your head is down near the exit as you start to get ready for your birthday.

Mama is exhausted. Partially from normal pregnancy and partially from pregnancy-induced anemia. I need more iron to make the 50 percent more blood I've made. You need iron, too, and frankly I don't have enough to go around. Also new this week is consistent heartburn after eating - well, anything. This weekend I had a pudding cup and water which brought on surprising discomfort. Add watermelon, veggies, crackers, yogurt, noodles and apples to that list. This is by far my least favorite pregnancy symptom.

We've started to be able to discern the bulges in my stomach as distinct feet or knees.You respond to poking or even just a hand hiding the light. It makes us so anxious to meet you! You met your great grandma this week, too. She's very excited to meet you on the outside but that didn't stop her from showering you with kisses already. You're going to love her.

I can't believe how close we are to becoming a family of three. We can't wait.

Much love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis