Monday, May 23, 2011

she's graduated!

Last year, I wrote this about my brother and sister who technically don't share my blood. Last year, it was Chris who graduated from college. Now he's off being smart at Johns Hopkins. Layne finished her time at KU today, and we are so proud of her especially the fact she survived a lot more physics and chemistry classes than the two of us combined.

We started as babysitter and kid. Grew to be friends and self-proclaimed sisters. I sat in the stands at her softball games, and she stood beside me at my wedding. Now, I can't wait for our little boy to meet his Aunt Layne and to see all the exciting things coming her way in the next couple of years.
 



 And my favorite picture of the day:


Congratulations on the beginning of what will no doubt be an exciting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis