Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 weeks

Dear baby boy,

Gulp! How did we get here? 30? Babies are born in the 30s. You could be BORN in the 30s, however statistically unlikely. You're pushing 16 inches and three pounds, about the size of a cabbage. Now you'll be gaining half a pound a week. You're learning to regulate your own body temperature, if only your mother could learn to do the same. Your brain is growing and starting to look fully formed - and obviously super brilliant. Did you know your intelligence genes come from your mother? You lucky boy...

My maternity book says, "these days you may feel as if you've got a flamethrower in your chest." Fact. Also accurate - lack of sleep, more middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks, bleeding gums and return of fatigue and moodiness. I'm also nesting and find it extremely satisfying to scrub the interior of my car, wash the mini-blinds and clean out the filing cabinets at work. How that last one benefits you, I'm not sure. But the euphoria that it's all happening so soon and those little feet bulging near my belly button will soon be on the outside is making everything lots of fun.

We had our first baby shower this weekend. It was perfect and seeing those teeny tiny cloth diapers sent a shock of excitement into me! Or maybe you moved your head on my nerve again - either one. I promise that despite the fact you don't have a crib put together, no bottles and only a few clothes we will figure it all out before you arrive.

Love, love, LOVE you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis