Wednesday, November 24, 2010

happy birthday to the hubs

Shea,

I wish I would have known you when you wore this outfit. I would have kissed those little cheeks and straightened your little tie.

I wish I would have known you when you were collecting pewter figurines for no apparent reason. Or when you flipped through your thousands of baseball cards. Or fought with your X-Men. Or danced your way to stardom.

I wish I would have known you when you played baseball, stuffed your face with big league chew and dominated center field.


I wish I would have known you when you attended your proms, chose your college and took out all those loans.

I wish I would have known you when you lived in a house with 12 guys... well, not really.

I wish I would have known you when you graduated from college, bought your condo, suffered through your first jobs. When you adopted Mac and ate spaghetti every night for dinner.


But I'm really glad I get to know you (and be married to you!) for the rest of our lives.

Happy 27th birthday!

Love,
Wifey

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! That sailor outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Shea! I'm really glad I get to know you, too. :) I think it is one of God's great blessings to have one of your best friends married to a guy you think is pretty darn wonderful. :) Thanks for being "that guy."

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis