Monday, November 8, 2010

irrelevant nausea

My tummy hurts, I'm nauseated and dizzy. Dizzyness is just part of my personality lately.

This has caused my work to be a buzz of how I am either really scared of needles or pregnant - neither topic actually discussed in my presence and both false.

So the fact that today I'm focused on: 1) Remaining upright and not sleeping underneath my desk and, 2) Not vomiting didn't help.

On Mondays, I have to sit at the front desk to give the receptionist time for lunch. This usually requires rejecting cries for free legal advice, calling of campus police when the crazies show up and looking generally knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Today I hunched over the keyboard transferring calls while sipping Sprite and nibbling on table crackers.

Co-worker: "Sarah, are you feeling OK?"
Me: "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."
Co-worker: "Oh I see you are eating crackers and drinking Sprite. How long have you been married?"
Me: "Irrelevant and unrelated."

Excuse me, I have to go vomit up my Sprite.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, hope you get to feeling better!! Don't you love how as soon as you get married people immediately think that you either are pregnant or about to start trying? As soon as I got married, everyone asked me when we were going to start trying for a baby. I was like "Huh??" Ridiculous! And if you don't feel good, you must be pregnant, you know. There is absolutely nothing else is could be. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally hear you!! i've not been well lately and even the doctor just keeps asking repeatedly if I could be pregnant..no MOVE ON!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis