Tuesday, January 31, 2012

showering with books

Last weekend I hosted a book-themed shower for my friend Jenny who is due with a baby of unknown gender in March. On the invitation, I asked everyone to bring a children's book in addition to their gift. Out of 15 guests, there were no duplicates. Win.
I decorated with stuffed animals and children's books from my library and supplemented with some newer books from Henry's stash.


Made cupcakes with a book theme, borrowed from this site. Do not judge my frosting skills. I had a fever of 101, and they got a little roughed up in the transport and transfer to the plate.


The menu was a crepe bar. I made the crepes myself and had toppings of strawberries, peaches, blueberries, Nutella, powdered sugar and whipped cream. Everyone loved it and other than the intense crepe making, it was low on the labor scale.


We introduced ourselves by talking about our favorite book from childhood and then played an alternative book title game.


Next time, I'll go to the used book store and purchase books there for the decorations and then give them to the guest of honor as my gift. Good gift and easy clean-up!

1 comment:

  1. this is adorable! also seems great for a first birthday party theme. omg, whyyyyy am I already thinking about his first birthday party?!?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis