Monday, August 30, 2010

I am now..

a double-digit runner! Saturday I ran 10.7 miles around Kansas City. And it felt surprisingly good. My favorite part was passing a group of obviously very well-trained (I could tell because their shorts looked more like underwear) runners who yelled "keep it up girl" as they ran past me. My stomach treated me better though my calves were sore to the touch for a few hours. I still get a migraine every time I run long. I owe my life to Imitrex.





a wife of one year. Shea and I celebrated our first anniversary this weekend. The wedding day cupcakes were still amazingly delicious complemented by wine given to us at our engagement by our friends Carolyn and Jim. I made Shea an Adventure Book (from the movie "Up") full of programs, ticket stubs, matchboxes, receipts and cards from our three years of dating, engagement and marriage. He got me Love and Respect, a book I have been wanting to read together for awhile. But the card that went with it was my favorite. They always are.








a big fan of Glee. I have resisted this craze because we have too many other shows via DVD to watch and not nearly enough time. Imagine if we watched real TV. My friend Jo lent us the first season, and this weekend we watched. and watched. and watched.


excited for K-State Football! First game is next Saturday but first we'll be attending Purple Power Play on Poyntz where the entire town comes together for a pep rally and fireworks. Then tailgating and kickoff! I love college football, love the way my hometown turns purple. For the first time since high school, I'll be attending every home game. Bring on the Cats!


officially a graduate student again. We had our first class last week. If someone paid me to be in school for the rest of my life, I'd be content. As long as every class I took didn't deal with research methods and data sets.


learning to dance. We had our first official dance lesson last week, too. I wish there was a bar where I could do the tango because really seems to be my forte. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your long run - sounds like your training is going well. It won't be too long until you can cross off that half-marathon off your to-do list! (and maybe catch the bug to run a full one?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! :)
    And congrats on your long run...I wish I could run, but I can't. At all. Boohoo me!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis