Then we talked about who my ob/gyn was, mostly the "gyn" part for me. She told me to switch clinics to the one a floor down from my current doctor. We talked about The Business of Being Born documentary and how she was in labor naturally for 50 hours. FIFTY with no drugs!
We talked about the cost of daycare. Budgeting and living with no cable. Plus what good kid shows are on PBS and instant Netflix.
As I left to pay, I thought "wow, really?" Five years ago my conversations with my hairdresser were about things like what I wanted to be when I grew up and how I thought I could live in a crappy apartment in NYC as long as on weekends I could visit Central Park.
I wouldn't change my current life for anything. But wow.
In other news:
- Running has been hard. For the first mile, my legs always feel stiff and heavy. And it's really really hot. I've run a few times on the treadmill and realized how much easier that is and how unprepared I'd feel if I didn't train outside - an activity I used to thoroughly hate.
- This weekend we have a friend visiting from Minnesota. I love having an excuse to explore and try new restaurants.
- Turns out, the Yankees baseball team works out at our gym when they are in town. So do the Twins. What?! I'm totally skipping work one day to lift weights with Joe Mauer and his massive thighs.
- Links for you to check out because that's what my Friday blog posts are for:
- Life lessons on a chalkboard
- Luckily I have changed my running route otherwise I would have most definitely ran past this.
- Insanely beautiful new high school. This is what happens when your taxpayers are rich.
- If you haven't seen it already, watch this kitten video.
- And of course, a yummy recipe.
Have a wonderful and fabulous weekend!