Tuesday, July 5, 2011

34 weeks

Baby boy,

We're down to crunch time..literally. You're the size of a cantaloupe and moving around like a mad man though I have no idea how considering your cramped home. You respond to daddy's voice with kicks and rolls, which is my new favorite thing.

I went to the doctor last week and talked about how things in my belly seem different. LOTS of pressure really low, no more heartburn, more tired, more fluids and stronger Braxton Hicks. So our midwife did a little pushing on my stomach and found your head waaaay down in my pelvis. I'm probably dilated a bit, too, but we decided to wait for the 35-week appointment to check. She thinks we'll be meeting you sooner than our due date, though!

This news made us very excited and frenzied. My only request is that you hang on for at least July 30. Then at least your lungs will be fully cooked and our midwife will be in town for good. Daddy would really like you to come on that day because he'd win $50. Plus, I think his heart might burst if he has to wait any longer to meet you.

Your mother is remarkably more tired (and considerably more forgetful) this week. After running two errands Saturday morning, I slept for three hours. When grocery shopping Sunday, we had to stop multiple times mid-aisle to wait for a stronger practice contraction or groin pain to pass. Sleep is elusive most nights as I either wake up sweating and have to put cold washcloths over my face or my hip joints and legs hurt ache enough to wake me up. It's all good though because each ache is one step closer to meeting you.

We love you,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I live in the KC area and just found your blog and I can relate to a lot of your pregnancy posts as my husband and I just had our first, a girl, back in April. It's always fun to read about other people's pregnancies, as I blogged my way through mine as well. Now I'm blogging about my baby, which I'm sure you will be doing soon! I hope your are able to have the natural birth you want. That was our goal too and we feel very lucky that it actually happened that way. Well hope you can get some rest and I look forward to reading more on your blog.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis