Monday, April 19, 2010

Zero pleasure calories

I ran four miles easily this morning, and came into work feeling pretty awesome.

Then at 8:15 a.m, my coworker who had a birthday this weekend walked in with a big chocolate cake. Reminder: I do not like cake unless in cupcake form. And don't really even like chocolate due to the four-day long migraine it can induce. Said coworker says I should get a piece before it's gone. I chuckle and act like yes, I will indulge in a piece fully intending on resisting the urge for something I don't even like.

At 8:20 a.m., coworker comes by with a piece of cake on a plate AND a fork. So I proceed to begin eating a third of this cake with my coffee, mostly scraping off the purely sugar icing. Then remembering how awesome four miles feels, I threw the rest of it away.

Then I got heartburn.

A reminder that: Self control > Zeroing out workout > Eating calories that don't even give pleasure > Migraines

1 comment:

  1. I like this post except that I have no clue what the equation at the end means. I need a chart.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis