Five things I am reading:
1. My Real Simple magazine.
2. This super fun comic that accurately explains my current work life.
3. Wonkette, my favorite political blog which makes me laugh out loud. Which leads to embarrassment.
4. The Reason for God, as part of our church small group.
5. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King.
Five things I am eating:
1. Peaches. Grapes. Watermelon. Anything that tastes amazing in the summer.
2. Couscous. I love it. Usually with lemon juice, basil and sliced cucumbers.
3. Homemade guacamole. Our first attempt and definitely a win. We used an Oprah recipe.
4. Chicken breasts with feta and grape tomatoes. Amaaaaazing. Make it.
5. Coffee from beans we bought at Mud Street Cafe in Arkansas. Yum!
Five things I am obsessing about:
1. Etsy. I love it especially since I have become a strong advocate against white walls in our bedroom. You can see my favorites here.
2. Farmer's Markets. We have a great one here in Kansas City called City Market. This week we're trying a more neighborhood version in the Westport Plaza area.
3. Running outside. I've been a treadmill girl. This morning I ran five miles outside and fell in love. Plus I met some crazy characters not to include the 50 men outside the plasma donation center vying for spots in line.
4. Trader Joe's women's formula vitamins. They make my nails thick and grow like weeds.
5. Our new church. Love it. Love the people. Love the message. Love the service.
Five things I am thankful for:
1. Hot weather. I like 90s. It's like the earth is grabbing me in a big, comfy blanket.
2. My neighbors who remind me that stopping a second to talk means something.
3. No cable, more talking.
4. My space heater at work to offset the 65-degree work environment I am subjected to.
5. Dental insurance as we are now on root canal number two.
Five movies I watched recently:
1. Young Victoria. Liked it.
2. Havoc. Good acting by Anne Hathaway. But I care about your peace of mind, so I cannot recommend it.
3. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I imagine this is only good if you're on drugs.
4. Invictus. Love, love, loved it.
5. Away We Go. Weird but good. But weird.