Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meal planning experiment

Due to our financial, cooking, and health improvement plan, I've been trying to meal plan. I tried Meals Matter, but found I'm too lazy to do it because I have to enter in my own recipes. So now I just use Google calendars, which works out quite nicely, supplemented with some sticky note on my kitchen counter action.

We spend a lot less on groceries and the only thing we really have to snack on is mini-marshmellows and the occasional string cheese stick. Living the life of luxury.

I love my cookbooks but in the end, find a lot of new recipes online. My favorites: Smitten Kitchen, Pioneer Woman, Recipe Girl, Eating Well and Real Simple.

I try to do at least one crockpot (thanks, Grandma!) meal each week, one or two vegetarian, and one night designated to leftovers though we do pretty good eating them up at lunch.

Last night Shea brought home bruschetta pizza leftover from a work meeting. So I put away the healthy vegetables and brown rice for stir fry and we microwaved pizza.

Meal planning fail.

Next week's plan:
Monday: Turkey meatloaf
Tuesday: Moo Shu vegetables
Wednesday: Chicken Tetrazzini
Thursday: Black bean and salmon tostadas
Friday: Easter weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Just another blog/recipe website to add to your list...
    www.lifesambrosia.com

    I think you will like it. SMOOCHES!!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis