Friday, March 26, 2010

Pains of winning

I have a victory hangover.

Despite the fact my drinking Thursday night included only Diet Coke and waters, I cannot function today. The watch party was awesome and horrible. Awesome because it was one of the best games I've ever seen and horrible becausee it reduced me to nausea, constant standing, screaming, shocked silence and rapid heart rate. The hands-in-the-air jumping as the last buzzer sounded was an emotional release like none other.

We came home, showered off the nasty smoke smell and laid there. Staring at the ceiling. Limbs still shaking, heart still racing.

Unfortunately, the adrenaline rush did not last. I had to give up the coffee fast and it rescued me from my daze for an hour or two.

Hopefully the team recovers faster than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis