Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mr. Wonderful and my latest encounter with AT&T

Our AT&T DSL service still doesn't work. Shocking, I know.

So today I had to call AGAIN to tell them that although I haven't called in a week, it doesn't mean my Internet is working for more than three continuous minutes at a time. So "Shawn" from the great state of India and I had a chat.

Shawn: How are things with you today with you ma'am?
Me: Frustrating with your internet service but otherwise fine.
Shawn: Wonderful to hear ma'am. I am sorry to hear of your frustrations but I assure you, you are in wonderful hands and I will fix your problem.
Me: Um, wonderful.

Shawn: Well, I'd like to run some tests. Can you please unplug your modem?
Shawn: Wonderful, wonderful. Hmm, ok. Is your modem located on the carpet?
Me: Look, Shawn. I appreciate the fact you have a process for each call, but I have called no less than 10 times in a month and my modem is not on carpet, it is not filtered with a phone line, it does not have green lights, it is not interfering with a burglar alarm, and no, restarting my computer does not fix this two-month problem.
Shawn: Haha, wonderful. However, I do have to go through these questions. Is your modem on carpet?

10 minutes of tests later.

Shawn: Well, I will send a technician out. I have escalated the problem and we will send a line maintenance worker to your residence. What days and times are you available?
Me: Today, tomorrow or this weekend. We both work next week all day.
Shawn: Wonderful. Ok, how about 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. Monday?
Me: That does not sound like you are escalating my problem, Shawn.
Shawn: OK, how about noon tomorrow?
Me: Wonderful, Shawn. Just wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis