Friday, May 28, 2010

no ticks, please

Tomorrow morning we go camping. 

I wouldn't really call us outdoorsy people. We hate fishing, hunting and I hate all things water. I'm more of a s'mores, hot dogs and lemonade kind of camper. Basically a weekend-long picnic. I find the concept of camping quite odd, in general. We load up our car with an entire apartment worth of supplies, spend hours setting it all up, eat crappy food, refuse to shower and come home only to peel ticks from our scalps and have our hair smell like smoke for days.

As I was writing this, we found out Shea has to have an emergency root canal for an abscess tooth. Which explains why he was swigging alcohol the last few days. I just thought he was trying to fit in with our neighbors. Anyway, this might change the plans, or at least the menu. Any suggestions for soft, main dishes? I'm thinking grilled cheese and tomato soup. And lots of pudding cups.

Away we will go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, after dropping the yappy dog off at his own weekend resort.



Hello, beautiful. 

Memorial Day weekend goals:

1. Rent bikes and ride by pretty things. Ride enough miles that my butt is sore but not enough that I fall off and get scrapes all over my body.

2. Eat watermelon, s'mores, hot dogs and grilled cheese. Also, I want some soft-serve ice cream.

3. Buy local picture book for our vacation book collection. We will be spending a day in the adorable town.

4. Do not get any ticks in my body. Or near my body. Or on my clothes.

5. Slow down and enjoy the pretty Ozark mountains. Do not think about work, things I need to do or any upcoming trips. Just enjoy the fact we're alive, outside in the summer and happily married.

Have a fabulous weekend, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so pleasant! Hopefully you won't end up too ticky, I hate having to peel off any bugs that are attached to my body. Ick.

    Hope his root canal doesn't make things too difficult either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    You are a creative writer and I have enjoyed reading your posts!

    I have been to Eureka Springs and it is lovely. Lots of fun little shops to visit.

    Hope hubbies root canal goes ok. Have a great time and I hope you don't find any ticks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis