Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun in St. Charles, Mo.



This weekend we headed to St. Charles, Missouri as a gift to my mom who had always wanted to go there, but also as a relaxing family weekend. St. Charles is a super cute suburb of St. Louis that finds itself in the stories of Daniel Boone and Lewis and Clark. The shops, inns and restaurants have been restored making the Main Street a shopping mecca with 125 shops including this one with an impressive collection of hot sauces.


We stayed at the Lococo House where I unabashedly ate french toast, sausage, potatoes, eggs, chocolate pie and biscuits. Our room also included a fainting couch, so naturally, we did a lot of post-breakfast fainting.



 My favorite, though, might have been meeting our fellow traveler Josie who declared that she's been told "fourth grade is the best year of your life." The most I remember was my teacher reading "Where the Red Fern Grows" and having to stop in the middle because she was crying. I hope her fourth grade year is more memorable.

We spent time at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, mostly celebrating the 10-year anniversary of our senior pictures. My dad did not participate.


We ended the day with some beautiful and tasty Missouri wineries.



Both evenings we played Risk - including on the Fourth of July. My family is so patriotic.
Dominating the world > Fireworks.


We ended the weekend with a run along the river and one last cheese tasting.


Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis